Gallery Tattoo
Tattoo

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Skull Tattoo

Skull Tattoo
Now here is one wicked looking skull tattoo. And one damn big one too, covering all of this dudes back. It’s actually a skull and cross bones, the symbol of pirates and poisons, only the top of this skull seems to have been cut away somehow. It’s pretty wild looking stuff and that’s for sure. I don’t know what statement it is meant to make but it sure makes it big and it makes it loud, there’s no mistaking that much about this skull tattoo. One cannot look at a tattoo this big without wondering how long it took to put it on. It must have been many hours for sure.
Some of the most common beliefs behind the skull tattoo is that the person wearing it understands their own fate, be it good or bad. Another of the meanings is simply someone saying they are a tough person, while other meanings touch on death as well as renewal in life after death. The skull, like many other things, has lots of folklore attached to it and it all means squat unless it means something in particular to whoever is considering the skull tattoo. Just keep in mind this skull tattoo is, of course, an over exaggerated sample.

Skull Tattoo
Now here we have a skull tattoo with the typical cross-bones behind the skull plus this skull is wearing an old style top hat. I am not at all sure what the symbolism is behind this but it is a pretty neat looking tattoo. And it is very well done too. It’s a great looking, scary type of skull with very classic features. I like the way the top and bottom of the mouth seem to almost be melted together. It reminds me of a scene in a very famous movie.
I do not have a skull tattoo as of yet but I think I will probably get one before long. I just have to decide which one and how big I would like to get it. The size of it is probably the most important part of that equation to me. The style I get will be the scary style for sure but I need to find one that I think is really cool. Something cool yet generic. And that’s all it means to me. No heavy symbolism or anything like that. One way or another I’m going to have my own skull tattoo before this year is out.

No comments:

Post a Comment