Gallery Tattoo
Tattoo

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Tattoo Crosses

Tattoo Crosses
Here we have a clean and simple, and recently tattooed, Gothic iron cross tattoo. Many tattoo crosses can have a clutter and other images mixed up with them but I tend to admire the cleanliness of this one. This simple cross is basic to the Gothic Iron Cross but is rendered in a thick-and-thin beveled line that lends itself well to the tattoo medium. The stark simplicity is its most memorable attribute. It is also meant to stand for a dagger of a type, a dagger for God’s work if you will, and that is why it has a point at its bottom.

This is a very sharp looking gothic cross and I like it very much. I am the type of person who likes very slick, clean lines and for me the simpler something is, the better. If I were out and about and looking to get myself any kind of cross tattoo put on myself this is exactly what I would get. Because after seeing all of the tattoo crosses I have seen, and believe me, I have seen a lot of them, this one is what appeals to me the most.

Tattoo Crosses
This is a whole selection of different tattoo crosses. The style that a person may be interested in depends on their personality and the meaning they attribute to the designs. Since their are so many tattoo crosses to choose from, let me give you a rundown of the two most popular ones. It’s a good starting point for your research. The Latin Cross is highly recognizable in the world of tattoos, as it is comprised of a vertical line intersected at right angles by a shorter horizontal line positioned around 1/3 of the way from the top. This uncomplicated design is often associated with Christianity and is frequently used to pay tribute to others. One of the most attractively designed crosses is the Celtic selection, where a knot is created in the space where both lines cross. The Gothic Cross mirrors the German style of elaborate wrought iron work displayed during the Edwardian and Victorian periods. This type of cross is often used to express pain, anger, and the Goth culture. Many designs associated with the Gothic Cross utilize dark imagery, such as barbed wire and daggers. Now, that you have a little background you can do a search on the internet and see if those are the designs you like and maybe even find a few more.

No comments:

Post a Comment